Sysmac: A fully integrated platform
Integration and Functionality
- Sysmac is an integrated automation platform dedicated to providing complete control and management of your automation plant. At the core of this platform, the Machine Controller series offers synchronous control of all machine devices and advanced functionality such as motion, robotics and database connectivity. This multidisciplinary concept allows you to simplify solution architecture, reduce programming and optimize productivity.
One Machine Controller :
- Complete integration of motion and logic sequence.
One Integrated Development :
- Environment software for Configuration, Programming, Simulation and Monitoring.
- Motion Control: Integrated within the IDE, and operating in real-time.
- Standard PLCopen Function Blocks plus Omron generated motion FB’s.
- Direct Synchronous control for Position, Speed and Torque.
- All safety related data is synchronized with the whole network.
- The PLCopen® FBD simplifies and accelerates the development process through structuring safety circuits and enhancing reuse.
- Higher resolution images available without increasing the vision processing time.
- Shape search technology: Provides more stable and accurate object detection for Pick & Place projects.
- Function Blocks in Adept Robot Control Library enable robot control from the NJ/NX/NY Controller using Ladder and Structured Text.
- Full control of the process parameter setting and predictive maintenance functions.
- High precision detection and positioning data synchronized on the network.
Integrated Automation Control :
- The Sysmac platform is scalable and provides the performance and functionality for a wide range of solutions from simple machines through to manufacturing cells.
- Sysmac communicates in real-time with Databases such as SQL.
- Secure Data: In the event of a server going down or losing communications, data is automatically stored in internal memory.
- Sysmac operates with Databases at high speed [1000 table element/ 100 ms] ensuring realistic Big Data Processing to improve productivity and aid predictive maintenance etc.
Seamless machine control and factory automation :
One machine control through one connection and one software is how we define the Sysmac automation platform. The Machine Automation Controller integrates logic, motion, safety, robotics, vision, information, visualization and networking under one software: Sysmac Studio. This one software provides a true Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that also includes a custom 3D motion simulation tool. The machine controller comes standard with built-in EtherCAT and EtherNet/IP. The two networks with one connection purpose is the perfect match between fast real time machine control and data plant management.
EtherCAT - Machine Control
- Fast and precise: Fastest cycle time of 125 μs, synchronization with 1 μs jitter.
- 512 slaves.
- Embedded in Omron servo drive, inverter, I/O, Safety, Vision and Sensing.
- Uses standard STP Ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors.
- One connection using Safety over EtherCAT (FSoE) protocol.
Ethernet - Factory Automation
- Peer-to-Peer controller communication.
- Interface with Sysmac Studio , NA HMI or SCADA software.
- Database connection for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, MySQL and Firebird.
- FTP server.
One Integrated Development Environment Software
Created to give you complete control over your automation system, Sysmac Studio integrates configuration, programming and monitoring. Graphics-oriented configuration allows quick set-up of the controller, field devices and networks while machine and motion programming based on IEC standard and PLCopen Function Blocks for Motion Control cuts programming time. Smart Editor with On-line debugging helps quick and error free programming. Advanced simulation of sequence and motion control, and data trace reduce machine tuning and set-up.
Case studies of machine innovation by increasing speed and precision
Case 1: High-speed alignment and vibration-free handling.
- Stacking many sheets precisely increases cycle time because position correction and stop are repeated.
- Vibration settling time is required when high-speed handling is stopped. Speed must be reduced to suppress vibration.
1. High-speed, high-precision alignment system
The FH Vision System provides the Shape Search function for fast and accurate shape recognition and the Continuous Alignment function for continuous position correction while moving objects. These functions increase alignment speed without sacrificing accuracy.
2. Software functional components for vibration suppression
The Vibration Suppression Library facilitate programming for high-speed handling while suppressing vibration. Waiting time is reduced, and positional accuracy is increased.
- 1. The PLC and mechanical cam control cannot accurately synchronize axes.
In addition, low precision, vibration, and noise caused by mechanical cam limit high-speed and high-precision packaging.
- 2. It takes time to adjust mechanical cam to different packaging materials and settings every time a different type of product is packaged.
Electronic cam optimizes packaging speed and precision
Electronic cam motion control realizes machine cam motion. Electronic cam enables 3 axes - “film feeding”, “product feeding”, and “rotary knife” - to be synchronized at high speed. This eliminates following errors between axes even during high-speed operation, leading to higher-speed and higher-quality packaging. Registering settings as a recipe reduces changeover time.
Software functional components for electronic cam control
The Rotary Knife Function Block in the Packaging Machine Library increases the speed and precision of horizontal flow packaging and enables mechanical cam motion without electronic cam table.